Valentine's Day warning: 'Don't forget!'
- Modi government softens stand on controversial Land Acquisition Bill, says ready for talks
- Gangster Abu Salem sentenced to life imprisonment in Pradeep Jain murder case
- Went to casino for dinner with family, apologise for my choice of venue: Moin Khan
- Ready to discuss issue of alleged stealing of Petroleum ministry documents: Government
- Salman Khan black buck poaching case: Jodhpur court defers verdict
President Barack Obama did American men a favor. He reminded them it was Valentine's Day.
"Let me start with a quick public service announcement for all the gentlemen out there. Today is Valentine's Day," Obama said in a message yesterday.
"Do not forget!" he warned, suggesting that he himself could have used a reminder at some point in his relationship with his wife of 19 years, Michelle. "I speak from experience here."
"It is important that you remember this," he continued in a preface to remarks about the benefits of a payroll tax cut.
"And go big, that's my advice."
It was the kind of counsel that might be slightly off message for a president trying to portray himself as fiscally prudent.
But on Valentine's Day men are wise to put cost aside. And, no, the president did not forget his own obligation. At 2:39 p.m., he delivered a personal greeting on Twitter: "Hey, (at)MichelleObama: Happy Valentine's Day. -bo"
No word on how big he went.