Valentine’s Day wedding for Sena corporator
- Mamata Banerjee govt saving those involved in Saradha scam: Rahul Gandhi
- Senior Pakistan journalist Hamid Mir shot at in Karachi
- One dead in Odisha post-poll violence
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs KKR: DD beat KKR by four wickets
His father may have bullied numerous couples against celebrating Valentine's Day in North Mumbai but for BMC corporator Abhishek Ghosalkar, Valentine's Day was the perfect time to get hitched.
Abhishek is son of two-time MLA from Dahisar Dr Vinod Ghosalkar, who led agitations against Valentine's Day in his constituency. The Borivali Corporator ironically chose February 14 to tie the knot with Tejasvee Darekar, an IT professional, in suburban Borivli in the afternoon.
Incidentally, the day happens to be "vasant panchami", considered auspicious for weddings.
"This is an arranged marriage. The mahurat was good and so it happened that we are getting married on Valentine's Day," Abhishek told reporters explaining why the date which has been an anathema for Shiv Sainiks was chosen for his wedding. His father, however, said the date was chosen due to the right configuration of stars.
"The wedding took place as it is an auspicious mahurat. It has nothing to do with Valentine's Day," the senior Ghosalkar insisted.
Shiv Sainiks had been protesting every year against celebration of Valentine's Day.