Validity of income certificates extended for 5 yrs
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The validity of income certificates issued for educational purposes for backward classes has been extended for a period of five years.
An official release here said the power of issuing income certificate and caste certificates for (Scheduled castes) SCs and STs has been given to Deputy Tahsildars in Nada offices.
The caste certificates once issued would remain valid till the government revoke them, the release said.
The decision comes in the wake of complaints of hardship involved in securing income and caste certificates at the time of admission and while applying for jobs by backward classes and SCs and STs.