Validity of income certificates extended for 5 yrs
- CVC, CIC appointments irk Jethmalani, says respect for Modi ends today
- Despite India's objections, Pakistan holds elections in Gilgit-Baltistan
- Ready to 'drink poison' to crush the 'cobra' of communalism: Lalu
- TDP MLA accuses CM Chandrasekhara Rao of phone tapping, files FIR
- Bombay High Court bans horse-drawn carriages calling them illegal
The validity of income certificates issued for educational purposes for backward classes has been extended for a period of five years.
An official release here said the power of issuing income certificate and caste certificates for (Scheduled castes) SCs and STs has been given to Deputy Tahsildars in Nada offices.
The caste certificates once issued would remain valid till the government revoke them, the release said.
The decision comes in the wake of complaints of hardship involved in securing income and caste certificates at the time of admission and while applying for jobs by backward classes and SCs and STs.