Validity of income certificates extended for 5 yrs
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Expect turmoil if polls give an unstable govt, says Raghuram Rajan
- RBI: Growth rate to stay under 6 per cent
- Buses go off road in Mumbai as drivers, conductors strike against long duty hours
- Encounter on in Jammu, two terrorists killed; highway closed
- Narendra Modi has deep character flaws... wouldâve fought in Varanasi if I knew Hindi: PC
The validity of income certificates issued for educational purposes for backward classes has been extended for a period of five years.
An official release here said the power of issuing income certificate and caste certificates for (Scheduled castes) SCs and STs has been given to Deputy Tahsildars in Nada offices.
The caste certificates once issued would remain valid till the government revoke them, the release said.
The decision comes in the wake of complaints of hardship involved in securing income and caste certificates at the time of admission and while applying for jobs by backward classes and SCs and STs.
- As campaigning picks up, candidates focus on strength areas of rivals
- 143 restaurants offer 30% discount to voters on April 30
- Auto union strike: Drivers demand Tricity permit
- RO serves Pawan Bansal show-cause notice
- BJP releases ‘chargesheet’ listing 16 Cong ‘scams’
- From mobile apps to post cards to call centres, parties go all out to woo voters