Validity of income certificates extended for 5 yrs
- Lakhvi's release: PM Modi conveys India's concerns to China
- Modi must do to Raje, Swaraj what we did to Tomar: Arvind Kejriwal
- AIPMT test to be re-conducted on July 25: CBSE
- Palamu Express derails following blast by suspected Maoists in Jharkhand
- All Income Tax refunds to be put directly in bank accounts: CBDT
The validity of income certificates issued for educational purposes for backward classes has been extended for a period of five years.
An official release here said the power of issuing income certificate and caste certificates for (Scheduled castes) SCs and STs has been given to Deputy Tahsildars in Nada offices.
The caste certificates once issued would remain valid till the government revoke them, the release said.
The decision comes in the wake of complaints of hardship involved in securing income and caste certificates at the time of admission and while applying for jobs by backward classes and SCs and STs.