Validity of income certificates extended for 5 yrs
- India will set climate change conference agenda: Narendra Modi
- From Kerala family to ex-gangster, Islamic State pulls Maldives men
- Collegium system end: NJAC is in, judges lose say in hiring
- BJP-RSS set to demolish secular democratic foundations: CPI(M)
- Ahmedabad: Saffron uniform for Hindu kids, green for Muslim
The validity of income certificates issued for educational purposes for backward classes has been extended for a period of five years.
An official release here said the power of issuing income certificate and caste certificates for (Scheduled castes) SCs and STs has been given to Deputy Tahsildars in Nada offices.
The caste certificates once issued would remain valid till the government revoke them, the release said.
The decision comes in the wake of complaints of hardship involved in securing income and caste certificates at the time of admission and while applying for jobs by backward classes and SCs and STs.