Validity of income certificates extended for 5 yrs
- LIVE: Yogendra Yadav, Prashant Bhushan expelled from AAP National Executive committee
- President Pranab Mukherjee goes to Vajpayee's home with Bharat Ratna
- Land bill will ‘break nation’s backbone’, Sonia tells Gadkari
- After 2010 scare, DGCA got cockpit policy to avert Germanwings-type incident
- Leave IITs alone, can’t talk to 36 applicants in a day and choose (directors): Kakodkar
The validity of income certificates issued for educational purposes for backward classes has been extended for a period of five years.
An official release here said the power of issuing income certificate and caste certificates for (Scheduled castes) SCs and STs has been given to Deputy Tahsildars in Nada offices.
The caste certificates once issued would remain valid till the government revoke them, the release said.
The decision comes in the wake of complaints of hardship involved in securing income and caste certificates at the time of admission and while applying for jobs by backward classes and SCs and STs.