Validity of income certificates extended for 5 yrs
- Gujjars intensify agitation for job quota, block Delhi-Mumbai rail track
- Video: Mumbai graduate denied job for being Muslim, Minorities Commission seeks explanation from company
- Geelani's 'incomplete' passport application cannot be processed: MEA
- Manish Sisodia launches counter-attack, says AAP govt trying to stop officers' transfer-posting industry
- 'You are the apple of my eye': Osama bin Laden's son's letter to wife
The validity of income certificates issued for educational purposes for backward classes has been extended for a period of five years.
An official release here said the power of issuing income certificate and caste certificates for (Scheduled castes) SCs and STs has been given to Deputy Tahsildars in Nada offices.
The caste certificates once issued would remain valid till the government revoke them, the release said.
The decision comes in the wake of complaints of hardship involved in securing income and caste certificates at the time of admission and while applying for jobs by backward classes and SCs and STs.