Vanessa Hudgens meditates like 'Ravi Shankar' in India garb
- A person killing people with Quran in his hand is not Muslim, but a terrorist: Aamir Khan at #RNGAwards
- Dubai shuts down part of metro's green line over large fire
- Oceans, cyberworld should not become new theatres of contests: PM Modi
- Financial transactions motive behind Sheena's murder, CBI tells court
- J&K: Army jawan, three terrorists killed in separate encounters
Actress-singer Vanessa Hudgens has posted photos of herself on Instagram showing what she thought to be was 'meditating' like Indian sitar legend Ravi Shankar.
The former Disney star posted a series of exotic photos of herself in traditional Indian attire on Facebook with the words, "Ravi Shankar, intense, meditating."
Hudgens is seen in a pink embroidered 'dupatta', a 'bindi' on her forehead and intricate gold jewellery. Despite not having any Indian ancestry herself, it is believed the 24-year-old still took to the internet to compare herself to the legendary musician, reported Daily Mail.
Shankar, who is said to be the pioneer of Indian music in the Western World, died at the beginning of December aged 92 after being admitted to hospital in San Diego, California, with breathing difficulties.
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy
- The needs of the time shape the character of the myth- Tipu Sultan
- Raja-Mandala: Japan’s counter to China’s silk road
- It started with Perumal
- Open channels of communication are vital for democracy and governance