Varanasi rally: Modiís itinerary changed due to security reasons
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Four policemen, two polling officers killed in Maoist attack
- Thousands turn up at Narendra Modi's Varanasi roadshow, BJP's PM candidate files nomination papers
- From Marandi vs Soren to Deora vs Sanyal: Top 5 battles in Lok Sabha polls Phase 6
- Rahul Gandhi joins sister Priyanka in attacking Narendra Modi on snoopgate
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KKR vs RCB: KKR manage 150/7 against RCB
The itinerary of BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, who is going to address Vijay Shankhnad rally in Varanasi on Friday, has been changed due to security reasons on the request of the district administration.
President of state BJP Laxmi Kant Bajpai said that Modi would visit the Sankatmochan and Vishwanath temples before the rally at the Khajuri village. District Magistrate Pranjal Yadav said that in the letter sent by Gujarat government it was said that Modi would visit the two temples after the rally.
"We have requested Modi through a letter for not visiting Vishwanath and Sankat Mochan temples tomorrow as per schedule given by Gujarat government, when he will also address a rally at Khajuri village," the DM said.
"The Varanasi city is of narrow lanes, nearly three lakh people are expected to visit the city tomorrow causing a lot of rush. Being Friday, when Juma namaz is offered due to which security deployment would be needed, making it a difficult task for the police," he said.
As per proposed schedule by the administration, Modi would first visit Sankatmochan temple and then Vishwanath temple and after offering prayers he would go to Khajuri ground to address the rally.
Meanwhile, Bajpai said that Modi would land at BJP helipad and would take land route to the temples.
He termed the media reports of arrangement of Namaz for Muslims at the rally spot as false.
- At least 65 EVMs replaced in six Lok Sabha seats in Assam
- Twitter cofounder talks of 26/11, Indian farmers in new book
- UP records over 24 pc voter turnout till 11 AM, 20 per cent turnout in Chhattisgarh
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at BJP for attack on Somnath Bharti
- ANF official accused of killing youth a gallantry award winner
- Maharashtra: Poor turnout till 9 am in third phase of polling