Varanasi rally: Modiís itinerary changed due to security reasons
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
- Haryana, Gujarat top industry-friendly states, Maharashtra among bottom five
The itinerary of BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, who is going to address Vijay Shankhnad rally in Varanasi on Friday, has been changed due to security reasons on the request of the district administration.
President of state BJP Laxmi Kant Bajpai said that Modi would visit the Sankatmochan and Vishwanath temples before the rally at the Khajuri village. District Magistrate Pranjal Yadav said that in the letter sent by Gujarat government it was said that Modi would visit the two temples after the rally.
"We have requested Modi through a letter for not visiting Vishwanath and Sankat Mochan temples tomorrow as per schedule given by Gujarat government, when he will also address a rally at Khajuri village," the DM said.
"The Varanasi city is of narrow lanes, nearly three lakh people are expected to visit the city tomorrow causing a lot of rush. Being Friday, when Juma namaz is offered due to which security deployment would be needed, making it a difficult task for the police," he said.
As per proposed schedule by the administration, Modi would first visit Sankatmochan temple and then Vishwanath temple and after offering prayers he would go to Khajuri ground to address the rally.
Meanwhile, Bajpai said that Modi would land at BJP helipad and would take land route to the temples.
He termed the media reports of arrangement of Namaz for Muslims at the rally spot as false.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress