Varesh Sinha new chief secy
- Rahul seeks âlegal accountabilityâ for 2002, disputes Modi âclean chitâ
- Workdays: MNREGS short of even halfway mark
- Probe zeroes in on pilots, hunt widens to land
- Modi vs him: Kejriwal to wait for Varanasiâs voice
- Back home after serving time for 1993 blasts, 82-yr-old grateful for âsupportâ
Varesh Sinha (IAS) was appointed as the new chief secretary of Gujarat on Monday. He will be replacing A K Joti who is set to retire on January 31, 2013.
A 1977-batch officer of the Gujarat cadre, Sinha is currently the additional chief secretary (finance), stated a state government release here. Sinha has been elevated ahead of a few senior officials who are set to retire in the next few months.
An MBA in public service, Sinha also held the post of additional chief secretary in home and labour and employment departments.
In 2012, he also functioned as one of the directors of the board of Gujarat Alkalies and Chemicals Ltd.