Varesh Sinha new chief secy
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- Unethical, betrayal: Prime Minister Manmohan Singhâs daughter voices family anger
- On Ambedkar Day, BJP says UPA favoured Muslims over Dalits
- RSS-led core group maps Modi campaign route
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi becoming PM is a fantasy, says Mamata; Varun files nomination
Varesh Sinha (IAS) was appointed as the new chief secretary of Gujarat on Monday. He will be replacing A K Joti who is set to retire on January 31, 2013.
A 1977-batch officer of the Gujarat cadre, Sinha is currently the additional chief secretary (finance), stated a state government release here. Sinha has been elevated ahead of a few senior officials who are set to retire in the next few months.
An MBA in public service, Sinha also held the post of additional chief secretary in home and labour and employment departments.
In 2012, he also functioned as one of the directors of the board of Gujarat Alkalies and Chemicals Ltd.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties
- BJP dancing to the tune of RSS: Sonia Gandhi | The Indian Express
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh’s book embarrasses PM; ‘Singh had little political authority’
- How can Modi honour women if he can’t mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Rahul Gandhi insulting Ambedkar by taking credit for laws: Narendra Modi