Vasundhara has a tough task — both within and outside
- Malaysia Airlines plane may have turned back before vanishing, says Air force chief
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Venkaiah Naidu
- Internal battle in BJP out in open: M M Joshi seeks clarity on Varanasi seat
In the past four years too, whenever Raje did reach out to the masses, however sporadically, she was never disappointed. She is still the 'Maharani' for a state obsessed with its royalty. Being a woman in a state that grapples with women's issues also gives her an edge over her opponents. That she is the 'face of the party' and the only one who can turn its fate in Rajasthan also remains undoubted. What the BJP must be hoping now is that Raje keeps her promise and takes the party along as a "big family".
Sweta is a senior correspondent based in Jaipur