Vasundhara has a tough task — both within and outside
- Kapil Sibal complains to EC on Narendra Modi's marital staus issue
- Rahul Gandhi brings up Narendra Modi's marital status at Doda rally
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Why should I condemn it, asks Deve Gowda on Mulayam Singh's 'rape' remark
- Congress rakes up Vajpayee's Rajdharma remark post 2002 Gujarat riots to take on Modi
- Those with blood on their hands should not speak about the country: Mamata
In the past four years too, whenever Raje did reach out to the masses, however sporadically, she was never disappointed. She is still the 'Maharani' for a state obsessed with its royalty. Being a woman in a state that grapples with women's issues also gives her an edge over her opponents. That she is the 'face of the party' and the only one who can turn its fate in Rajasthan also remains undoubted. What the BJP must be hoping now is that Raje keeps her promise and takes the party along as a "big family".
Sweta is a senior correspondent based in Jaipur