Vasundhara Raje, sworn-in as Rajasthan CM
- Lalit Modi to P Chidambaram: My passport was cancelled illegally by you
- Delhi Police to file chargesheet against Arvind Kejriwal, 20 AAP MLAs
- IIT JEE (Advanced) 2015 results out, MP girl Satvat Jagwani tops exam
- CBI registers case against Shankersinh Vaghela in land scam case
- Congress guns for resignations of Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
Vasundhara Raje, who led BJP to a landslide victory in Rajasthan Assembly polls, was on Friday sworn-in as the Chief Minister for the second time in the presence of Narendra Modi and other top party leaders.
60-year-old Raje, who belongs to the royal Scindia family of Gwalior, was administered the oath of office and secrecy by Governor Margaret Alva during a grand swearing-in ceremony inside the Assembly building premises here. She was the only one to be sworn-in.
Among the BJP leaders who attended the function were party president Rajnath Singh, its Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, Chhattisgarh CM Raman Singh and other senior leaders of the party.
Elected MLAs and a large number of religious heads also attended the function.
The main stage for the ceremony was erected inside the Assembly building premises. Large screens were installed at the venue to allow the invitees sitting at a distance to watch the live telecast of the ceremony.
After the swearing-in function, Raje drove straight to the Chief Minister's Office at the Secretariat.
BJP won 162 of the 199 seats where elections were held.
Polling in Churu seat in the 200-member House was postponed due to the death of a BSP candidate and it is being held today.