Vayalar Ravi's comment to woman journalist figures in House
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to the west coast
- AAP defends Rs 20,000 per person dinner with Kejriwal, says it was transparent
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
An allegedly "unsavory" remark by Union Minister Vayalar Ravi to a woman journalist at Alapuzha figured in the Kerala Assembly on Tuesday with Opposition leader V S Achuthanandan raising the issue.
Seeking to play down the issue, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said Ravi himself had expressed regret to the journalist when his words triggered a row.
Ravi had also conveyed to the journalist he did not mean any ill will or intend to humiliate her and he did not think his words would have been taken as an offending comment, Chandy said.
Achuthanandan said Ravi made the "unsavoury" comment to the TV channel journalist yesterday when she sought to know his reaction to the charge of the accused in the Suryanelli gangrape case against Rajya Sbaha Deputy Chairman P J Kurien.
The CPI(M) leader raised the issue while speaking on alleged police excesses on two women MLAs of LDF last week during a demonstration in front of the Assembly, demanding further investigation of Kurien's alleged involvement in the Suryanelli gangrape case.
- Lack of legal power hampers probe into missing Malaysian Airlines jet
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express