Patna HC scraps appointment of 6 VCs and 4 pro-VCs
- A person killing people with Quran in his hand is not Muslim, but a terrorist: Aamir Khan at #RNGAwards
- Dubai shuts down part of metro's green line over large fire
- Oceans, cyberworld should not become new theatres of contests: PM Modi
- Financial transactions motive behind Sheena's murder, CBI tells court
- J&K: Army jawan, three terrorists killed in separate encounters
The Patna High Court today scrapped the appointment of six vice-chancellors and four pro- -vice-chancellors made by Governor, in his capacity as the Chancellor of the Universities, in Bihar.
A division bench comprising Chief Justice Rekha M Doshit and Justice A Amanullah passed the order scrapping the appointment of the six VCs and four Pro-VCs on the ground that the Governor, in his capacity as the Chancellor of the
Universities, had made these appointments without consulting the state government as under section 10(2) of the Bihar State Universities Act, 1976 and the Patna University Act, 1976.
The court further directed the Chancellor to make a fresh list of candidates for appointment of the six VCs and four Pro-VCs within a week and asked the state government to make appointment against these posts within 30 days.
The petitioners Prof. Janardan Singh and Ram Kamakhya Singh had filed a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) challenging the appointment of the six VCs and four Pro-VCs by the Chancellor without consultation with the state government as required under the provisions of the Bihar State Universities Act, 1976, and the Patna University Act, 1976.
The VCs, whose appointment has been cancelled by the Patna High court are Patna University VC Shambhunath Singh, BRA University VC Vimal Kumar, Jai Prakash University VC Ramvinod Singh, BN Mandal University Arun Kumar, Mazhrul Haque Arabic and Persian University VC Md. Samsuzoha and Kameshwar Singh
Sanskrit University VC Arvind Kumar Pandey.
Patna University Pro-VC J P Singh, B N Mandal University Pro-VC P K Verma, Lalit Narayan Mishra University Pro-VC K P Singh and Mazhrul Haque Arabic and Persian University Pro-VC Sultana K Jabin's appointments too have been annulled by the High Court.
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy
- The needs of the time shape the character of the myth- Tipu Sultan
- Raja-Mandala: Japan’s counter to China’s silk road
- It started with Perumal
- Open channels of communication are vital for democracy and governance