VE Commercial Vehicle sales down 20% in December
- GMR pilots skip medical tests before flying Rahul Gandhi, to be grounded
- Supreme Court recognises third gender, glimmer of hope for gays
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- Train derails in Assam, at least 50 passengers injured
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sonia to address rally in Telangana; Smriti Irani to file nomination shortly
Automaker VE Commercial Vehicles (VECV) today reported a 20.17 per cent fall in its total sales at 4,032 units in December, 2012.
The company, which is a joint venture between the Volvo Group and Eicher Motors, had sold 5,051 units in the same month in 2011.
Domestic sales decreased to 3,598 units in December 2012 from 4,512 units in the year-ago period, a decline of 20.26 per cent, VECV said in a statement.
Exports also went down by 19.48 per cent during the month to 434 units from 539 units in December 2011.
VECV's sales of light commercial vehicles in the Indian market dipped by 22.61 per cent to 2,474 units during the month from 3,197 units in the year-ago period.
Heavy commercial vehicle sales fell by 27.80 per cent to 678 units from 939 units in December 2011, it said.