VeenaWorld set for Tuesday launch in Mumbai
- Rahul ordinance shortcut cut short
- Modi takes on Mulayam, says SP misleading people under veil of secularism
- Next govt won't be formed without AAP support: Arvind Kejriwal
- Lok Sabha polls likely to commence in seven phases from April 2nd week
- China blames Islamic militants for attack by knife-wielding 'terrorists'
Veena Sudhir Patil, former MD of Kesari Tours is set to launch her new venture, Veena Patil Hospitality under the brand VeenaWorld-Travel, Explore, Celebrate on the 18th of June 2013 along with husband Sudhir Patil and Sunila Himanshu Patil. It's first branch office is scheduled to open tomorrow in Kandivali, Mumbai, to be inaugurated by MNS chief Raj Thackeray.
Plans are underway to open 6 branches within a month-and-a-half across Mumbai and one branch in Pune taking the total to seven.
Fifty agents have already signed up as partners for the new venture.
Apart from Kandivali, VeenaWorld outlets are set to open in Ghatkopar, Thane, Dadar, Dombivali and Vile Parle.
Speaking about the venture, in an exclusive interview with Express TravelWorld, Veena Sudhir Patil, said, "I firmly believe that travel should be affordable to everyone and it is not meant only for the rich and famous. Through my new company I wish to offer travel to one and all from the budget to the affluent traveler. My team is extremely passionate and this is my strength. My company is yet to begin but I am glad they have faith in me to start out on our new journey. I am also proud to say we did not poach anyone from Kesari Tours but people came along only on pure trust. We will take a few months to settle but we have got tremendous support also from our trade partners."
Veena Patil took over as MD Kesari tours in 2007. The turnover of the company then was approximately Rs 239 crore per annum and by 2013 it clocked a turnover of approximately Rs 728 crore. Kesari Tours is one of India's well established family-owned tour companies and it recently witnessed a management change. Veena Patil as the managing director quit the company and has been replaced by her brother Shailesh Patil. She eventually disassociated her name from the company. Kesari Patil continues as the chairman of the company.
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade | The Indian Express
- Aam Aadmi Party Lok Sabha 2014 Candidates – Full list
- ‘Allegations against Somnath Bharti prime facie correct, police justified in refusing Khirki Extension raid’
- Clash of the stalwarts: Uttar Pradesh set for Modi, Kejriwal rallies today