Vegan wedding gift
- Sports court tears Narsingh Yadav defence, NADA’s credibility
- Ramya on sedition case: Will not apologise for my Pakistan remark, said nothing wrong
- I can't fight against the government or AFI, but I know the truth: OP Jaisha
- From Rajasthan to Bihar: Tracking floods in north India
- Kashmir unrest: Curfew lifted from parts of Srinagar
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals sent a vegan chocolate chickens as gift to Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor on their wedding day. Since Kareena is a vegetarian who does not even eat eggs, PETA gifted the couple a flock of five large vegan chocolate chickens prepared by Delhi's Choco Kraft. Meanwhile the couple had a number of events, right from sangeet, mehendi, registered marriage and reception to celebrate their wedding.
The godly effect
A right wing Hindu outfit has opposed inviting Akshay Kumar for inaugurating the forthcoming IFFI, scheduled in Goa from November 20, claiming his recent film OMG! Oh My God allegedly hurt religious sentiments. The Goa Government is yet to formally react to the memorandum of Hindu Janajagruti Samiti (HJS) but a senior official from the Entertainment Society of Goa (ESG) said the memorandum would be discussed in the high level committee before arriving at any decision.
Prakash Jha has won the first round of the defamation case filed by the Birla group of industries in the Delhi High Court against his yet-to-release Chakravyuh. In the case, Basant Kumar Birla & Others Versus Prakash Jha & Others, the matter was heard by the Delhi High Court which then refused to pass an order of injunction while disposing of the application. It has directed to show additional disclaimers when the song Mehngai is played at the time of exhibition.
- Tension between the executive and judiciary could play out in creative, or destructive, ways
- Mental Health Bill tries to address complex issues, but it’s a work in progress
- Modi’s recent statements could help end the troubled region’s long international isolation
- Divya Spandana: Pakistan is no hell, I stand by my remarks
- The freedom from unreason
- Cow protection, paradoxically, poses a threat to the BJP’s project of Hindu unity