Verdict on NDPS case against IPS officer expected today
- Not RSSâ job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits for BJP: Mohan Bhagwat
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
The Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) case against the former Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) Zonal Director and IPS officer Saji Mohan has been listed for December 11.
Two cases are being heard against the IPS officer, Saji Mohan. One of the cases pertains to the alleged pilfering of heroin from the storeroom of NCB headquarters in August 2009 by Saji Mohan.
Another case of alleged corruption was registered against him by the UT police for embezzlement of Rs 13.81 lakhs from the NCB headquarters.
The final arguments of the NDPS case against Saji Mohan had concluded earlier and the Additional District and Sessions Judge, Shalini Nagpal, has listed the case for today, December 11 for its fate to be decided.
The Special Public Prosecutor for the Narcotics Control Bureau, Kailash Chander, said, "Hopefully a verdict will be passed in the NDPS case against Saji Mohan on Tuesday. However, the arguments for the corruption case will take a little more time to be concluded".
Saji Mohan, an 1995-batch IPS officer, was arrested by the Anti Terrorist Squad (ATS), Mumbai in January 2009 when he was caught with 12 kilograms of heroin.
This led to investigations in the NCB, Chandigarh which led to the revelation that the during Saji MOhan's tenure as the NCB director in Chandigarh, he used to mix slaked lime in drugs keeping the "pure" ones for his personal gain.
After further investigations at the NCB headquarters, Sector 2, Chandigarh, it was also established that Mohan had embezzled Rs 13.81 lakhs by taking the money from the seizure room in-charge, Balwinder Singh, to deposit it in the State Bank of India.
In March 2009, the NCB registered another case of pilfering with heroin ceased by NCB and Saji Mohan and four others were arrested in August 2009. All the five accused were booked on charges of pilfering heroin from nearly 13 unclaimed seizures from the storehouse of NCB headquarters in Sector 2.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress