Veteran actor Haradhan Bandopadhyay passes away
- April 23 campaign roundup: AAP leader Somnath Bharti thrashed by alleged BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Vadra rakes up snooping row to target Narendra Modi
- IPL 7: All-round Jadeja steals show in CSK win
Veteran Bengali film actor Haradhan Bandopadhyay, who worked with renowned directors, passed away on Saturday after battling for life for 15 days at a hospital here. The 87-year-old actor is survived by his wife and two sons, family sources said.
The actor worked with Satyajit Ray in films like Sonar Kella (Golden Fort), Jai Baba Felunath and Mahanagar among others. He also worked with other renowned directors like Mrinal Sen and Satyajit Ray's son Sandip Ray. Recently, he gave an acclaimed performance in Anurag Basu's film Barfi! and also worked in another Hindi movie Parineeta.
Dadasaheb Phalke award winning actor Soumitra Chatterjee said, "It is difficult to express the loss. We have worked together at the AIR before coming to the film world." Recently, the West Bengal government conferred the Banga Bibhusan award on Bandopadhyay.