Veteran actor Pran gets Dada Saheb Phalke Award
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Veteran actor Pran, who is known as the Bollywood's Black gold, has got the the prestigious Dada Saheb Phalke Award.
In the past Dilip Kumar, Lata Mangeshkar, Dev Anand and Yash Chopra to name a few have received the prestigious award.
Besides Pran, actors Soumitra Chatterjee and E Nageshwar Rao's names were on the list.
Pran elevated the role of a villain in Bollywood to the status equal to that of the hero.
Legendary Pran, whose career is spanned over six decades, was seen in every big Bollywood film of the 1960s and 70s.
Some of his memorable roles are in movies like Ram Aur Shyam, Purab aur Paschim, Karz, Upkaar Sharaabi and Zanjeer to name a few from the list of movies.
He played father to Amitabh Bachchan in Sharabi (1984) and earlier played his friend Sher Khan in Zanjeer (1973).
He was also awarded the Padma Bhushan, India's third highest civilian award, in 2001.
The 93-year-old veteran actor is not active in Bollywood anymore.