Veteran actor Pran gets Dada Saheb Phalke Award
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
Veteran actor Pran, who is known as the Bollywood's Black gold, has got the the prestigious Dada Saheb Phalke Award.
In the past Dilip Kumar, Lata Mangeshkar, Dev Anand and Yash Chopra to name a few have received the prestigious award.
Besides Pran, actors Soumitra Chatterjee and E Nageshwar Rao's names were on the list.
Pran elevated the role of a villain in Bollywood to the status equal to that of the hero.
Legendary Pran, whose career is spanned over six decades, was seen in every big Bollywood film of the 1960s and 70s.
Some of his memorable roles are in movies like Ram Aur Shyam, Purab aur Paschim, Karz, Upkaar Sharaabi and Zanjeer to name a few from the list of movies.
He played father to Amitabh Bachchan in Sharabi (1984) and earlier played his friend Sher Khan in Zanjeer (1973).
He was also awarded the Padma Bhushan, India's third highest civilian award, in 2001.
The 93-year-old veteran actor is not active in Bollywood anymore.