Veteran actor Pran gets Dada Saheb Phalke Award
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
Veteran actor Pran, who is known as the Bollywood's Black gold, has got the the prestigious Dada Saheb Phalke Award.
In the past Dilip Kumar, Lata Mangeshkar, Dev Anand and Yash Chopra to name a few have received the prestigious award.
Besides Pran, actors Soumitra Chatterjee and E Nageshwar Rao's names were on the list.
Pran elevated the role of a villain in Bollywood to the status equal to that of the hero.
Legendary Pran, whose career is spanned over six decades, was seen in every big Bollywood film of the 1960s and 70s.
Some of his memorable roles are in movies like Ram Aur Shyam, Purab aur Paschim, Karz, Upkaar Sharaabi and Zanjeer to name a few from the list of movies.
He played father to Amitabh Bachchan in Sharabi (1984) and earlier played his friend Sher Khan in Zanjeer (1973).
He was also awarded the Padma Bhushan, India's third highest civilian award, in 2001.
The 93-year-old veteran actor is not active in Bollywood anymore.