Pran, Bollywood's most popular 'villain' ever, hospitalised
- Nepal Earthquake: Rains, fresh tremors hamper rescue works, toll tops 2,500
- Nepal earthquake: 22 climbers dead in avalanche on Mt Everest
- Nepal Earthquake: Air services resumed to Kathmandu
- NDRF rescue team begins sifting through rubble in Nepal
- Heavy rains likely in quake-hit Nepal, warns Indian Meteorological Dept
Veteran Bollywood actor Pran has been admitted to Lilavati Hospital in suburban Bandra, hospital sources said today.
92-year-old actor has acted in around 350 films, spanning generations of top actors, including Amitabh Bachchan.
"He was admitted to Lilavati hospital last Friday. He had come for a check-up which turned out to be a respiratory problem. He is doing fine and still in hospital. Nothing to worry," Lilavati hospital spokesperson Dr Sudhir Dagaokar said.
His famous films include 'Khandaan', 'Aurat', 'Bari Behen', 'Jis Desh Men Ganga Behti Hai', 'Half Ticket', 'Upkar', 'Purab Aur Paschim', 'Don'and 'Zanjeer'.
In 2001, he was honoured with the Padma Bhushan by the government for his contribution to Indian cinema.