Pran, Bollywood's most popular 'villain' ever, hospitalised
- Vyapam scam: MP government agrees to get journalist's viscera tested at AIIMS in Delhi
- Opinion polls show 'No' votes ahead in Greek bailout referendum
- Pakistan violates ceasefire again in Kashmir, BSF gives befitting reply
- Will do everything possible to make India innovation hub: PM Narendra Modi
- Jabalpur Medical College Dean with links to Vyapam accused found dead
Veteran Bollywood actor Pran has been admitted to Lilavati Hospital in suburban Bandra, hospital sources said today.
92-year-old actor has acted in around 350 films, spanning generations of top actors, including Amitabh Bachchan.
"He was admitted to Lilavati hospital last Friday. He had come for a check-up which turned out to be a respiratory problem. He is doing fine and still in hospital. Nothing to worry," Lilavati hospital spokesperson Dr Sudhir Dagaokar said.
His famous films include 'Khandaan', 'Aurat', 'Bari Behen', 'Jis Desh Men Ganga Behti Hai', 'Half Ticket', 'Upkar', 'Purab Aur Paschim', 'Don'and 'Zanjeer'.
In 2001, he was honoured with the Padma Bhushan by the government for his contribution to Indian cinema.