Pran, Bollywood's most popular 'villain' ever, hospitalised
- Govt signs peace accord with NSCN(IM), PM Modi calls it 'historic'
- BJP takes U-turn on land bill, agrees to bring back UPA's key provisions
- Crisis deepens: Speaker suspends 25 Cong MPs, Sonia digs in heels
- India to take up Gurdaspur terror attack in NSA-level talks with Pakistan
- JBT scam: Supreme Court upholds jail term of Om Prakash Chautala, his son
Veteran Bollywood actor Pran has been admitted to Lilavati Hospital in suburban Bandra, hospital sources said today.
92-year-old actor has acted in around 350 films, spanning generations of top actors, including Amitabh Bachchan.
"He was admitted to Lilavati hospital last Friday. He had come for a check-up which turned out to be a respiratory problem. He is doing fine and still in hospital. Nothing to worry," Lilavati hospital spokesperson Dr Sudhir Dagaokar said.
His famous films include 'Khandaan', 'Aurat', 'Bari Behen', 'Jis Desh Men Ganga Behti Hai', 'Half Ticket', 'Upkar', 'Purab Aur Paschim', 'Don'and 'Zanjeer'.
In 2001, he was honoured with the Padma Bhushan by the government for his contribution to Indian cinema.