Veteran South Indian actress Rajasulochana dies at 77
- Parliament LIVE: Expert committee to review use of pellet guns, says Rajnath
- Dalit fury spills over to Gujarat streets, 9 more try to end lives; CM meets family assaulted in Una
- Hit by campus protests, FTII makes new students sign ‘decorum, decency’ affidavit
- Dalits are 'soft target' for cow vigilantes: fact finding team
- Suspicious bag found inside Dubai-Amritsar SpiceJet flight
Rajasulochana, a veteran actress gifted with exceptional dancing skills, died here today.
Rajasulochana, 77, had acted in more than 275 films in Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Hindi.
The actress, who holds the distinction of having paired with leading stars of yesteryear like MGR, Sivaji Ganesan and N T Rama Rao, would be remembered for her roles in films such as Vanangamudi, Arasilankumari and Padithal Mattum Podhuma.
Condoling her death, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa said the actress had left an imprint for herself in the film industry.
- UN faces a crisis, but its new secretary general is unlikely to upset tradition
- South China Sea verdict has changed the ground rules for future engagement with China
- Empowering women through JAM
- Resolution of citizen grievances is an indicator of the performance of government departments
- Telescope: Grace and the lack of it
- The endeavour for a common civil law must be to end discrimination, and not stamp majority might