VHP forces Maharaja Sayajirao University to remove 'obscene' paintings of Lord Shiva, Goddess Parvati
- Union Cabinet recommends President's Rule in Arunachal Pradesh
- Rafale jet deal on right track, says French President Hollande ahead of India visit
- Three girls commit suicide in Tamil Nadu, blaming college, high fees
- Tavleen Singh's column: Could Rohith have been saved?
- Netaji files: Centre rejected probe reports twice, to assert ‘Bose dead’
Earlier, Chandra Mohan, a student from the same fine arts faculty was arrested on charges of hurting the religious sentiments by painting Hindu Gods and Goddesses and Jesus Christ allegedly in an 'obscene' way on May 10, 2007.
Mohan, a post-graduate student of Fine Arts at M S University and winner of last year's Lalit Kala Academy award, had been charged under IPC section 153 and 114 after his arrest from the varsity premises for displaying his works at the institution's annual exhibition.