VHP forces Maharaja Sayajirao University to remove 'obscene' paintings of Lord Shiva, Goddess Parvati
- Nitish, Lalu hit back, say Modi has insulted Bihar with 'BIMARU' comment
- AAP MLA Alka Lamba attacked again, this time during anti-drug drive
- All 67 AAP MLAs are ready to work from Tihar: Kejriwal to Modi
- Sonia Gandhi accuses Modi govt of diluting tribal land rights
- Two militants killed as Army foils infiltration bid in Kupwara district
Earlier, Chandra Mohan, a student from the same fine arts faculty was arrested on charges of hurting the religious sentiments by painting Hindu Gods and Goddesses and Jesus Christ allegedly in an 'obscene' way on May 10, 2007.
Mohan, a post-graduate student of Fine Arts at M S University and winner of last year's Lalit Kala Academy award, had been charged under IPC section 153 and 114 after his arrest from the varsity premises for displaying his works at the institution's annual exhibition.