Vibrant VCCI meet ends, over 2,000 youth bag jobs
- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- India joins global search to locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane
- Shiv Sena hits out at BJP, asks it to follow "alliance dharma"
Over 2,000 freshers from various educational disciplines were offered jobs by more than 100 companies during the five-day Vibrant Vadodara Chamber of Commerce and Industry 2013 exhibition that ended Monday.
Nearly 8,000 freshers from disciplines such as engineering, management and medical sciences appeared for interviews for on-the-spot offers for entry-level jobs with annual remuneration packages ranging between Rs 1.5 lakh and Rs 3.2 lakh, organisers said.
Companies from sectors such as electronics, pharmaceuticals, mechanical, Information Technology Enabled Services, general trade and industry participated in the event and picked up freshers who had applied for jobs online. "About 8,000 fresh pass-outs were interviewed and over 2,000 of them got jobs," said Mahesh Shitlani, who was associated with the event.