Vice President visits Old Fort, other monuments
- Disquiet in BJP as M M Joshi, Sushma raise questions over selected candidates and seat sharing
- Nandan Nilekani, Mohammad Kaif in Congressâs first list for 194 seats
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Naidu
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Kejriwal joins list of VIPs with âZâ category security
Vice President Hamid Ansari today visited the Old Fort also known as the Purana Qila, one of the oldest monuments in Delhi.
Ansari also visited the Archaeological Museum and the Qila-i-Khuna Mosque where the Museum Superintending Archaeologist Daljit Singh briefed him about the various ancient and historical monuments located within the Fort premises and the steps taken by Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) for their preservation.
Old Fort which is perceived to occupy ancient mound concealing ruins of city of Indraprastha related to the epic 'Mahabharata' has some major monuments in its premises such as the Sher Mandal, Hamam, Bada Darwaza and Baoli.