Vice-principal of Don Bosco school arrested for molesting girl
- IAF An-32 aircraft missing: Manohar Parrikar undertakes aerial survey of search operations
- Hillary Clinton picks Tim Kaine as running mate
- Judith D'souza, Indian kidnapped in Kabul, rescued: Sushma Swaraj
- Bhagwant Mann interview: 'I just wanted to show system of draw of lots in Zero Hour'
- Toll climbs to 46, Rajnath visits Kashmir valley today
A minor student of Don Bosco school at Yerwada was molested allegedly by its vice-principal, who was arrested on Tuesday after public outrage and protests outside the educational institution.
Vice-principal Iju Francis Falkau, 54, had called the 14-year-old girl, in his office on January 2 around 1 pm when he allegedly molested her, police said.
Based on a complaint, a case was booked against the accused yesterday under sections 354 (assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty) and 511 of the IPC and subsequently he was arrested today, they said.
- Article 370 was honoured in the breach and the autonomy promised to J&K has been chipped away from time to time
- Violence against Dalits is not something that began in past two years as the tenor of debate in Parliament
- Arvind Kejriwal is uncomfortable with anyone with a mind of his own.
- Not just the Arunachal switch but the choice of Sheila Dikshit for the UP are warnings to the BJP
- Gujarat unrest shows while Dalit lives have improved, conflict has increased
- Zakir Naik is ‘protected’ as an Indian citizen but he considers himself a Muslim first