Vice-principal of Don Bosco school arrested for molesting girl
- Pakistan High Commission staffer asked to leave India after leak of sensitive defence documents
- Cyrus Mistry hits back at Tata Group with slew of allegations: Fraudulent transactions, unethical ways
- Tata Sons vs Cyrus: Sebi, govt keep watch, BSE seeks clarification
- Kashmir is a matter for India, Pakistan to sort out: British PM Theresa May
- It's unfortunate, because it has set a terrible precedent: Farhan Akhtar on Johar-MNS deal
A minor student of Don Bosco school at Yerwada was molested allegedly by its vice-principal, who was arrested on Tuesday after public outrage and protests outside the educational institution.
Vice-principal Iju Francis Falkau, 54, had called the 14-year-old girl, in his office on January 2 around 1 pm when he allegedly molested her, police said.
Based on a complaint, a case was booked against the accused yesterday under sections 354 (assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty) and 511 of the IPC and subsequently he was arrested today, they said.
- A letter like Cyrus Mistry’s could deepen the credibility crisis of Indian capitalism
- The transgender rights bill dilutes the private member’s bill passed by Rajya Sabha
- Diverse myths around the festival underpin Hinduism’s openness
- Polygamy and gender justice debate is more complicated than it is made out to be
- By brokering for MNS, Devendra Fadnavis has shown himself as a CM afraid of a bully
- Pak PM would do well to study the past before choosing Raheel Sharif’s successor