Vice-principal of Don Bosco school arrested for molesting girl
- Haji Ali dargah will have to open doors for women after Bombay HC ruling
- My vision for India is rapid transformation, not gradual evolution: PM Modi
- Panel works on alternative to pellets: Balls of pepper, capsicum gas
- Scorpene leak: Firms to be blacklisted only in cases of clear criminality, says Parrikar
- Sheena Bora murder: Taped conversations emerging on media submitted in court, says CBI
A minor student of Don Bosco school at Yerwada was molested allegedly by its vice-principal, who was arrested on Tuesday after public outrage and protests outside the educational institution.
Vice-principal Iju Francis Falkau, 54, had called the 14-year-old girl, in his office on January 2 around 1 pm when he allegedly molested her, police said.
Based on a complaint, a case was booked against the accused yesterday under sections 354 (assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty) and 511 of the IPC and subsequently he was arrested today, they said.
- Pakistan army has a battle to win: The corruption within
- Anger of Irom Sharmila’s supporters should not be dismissed as selfishness or cynicism
- You keep the cow’s tail: A post card from Una, Gujarat, August 15
- History shows why Balochistan is not an internal matter of Pakistan
- The use of technology will be key to making GST a success
- Sedition law cannot be used against honest views, expressed peacefully