Vice-principal of Don Bosco school arrested for molesting girl
- Uri attack: Rajnath Singh, Manohar Parrikar, NSA, Army chief meet to discuss Kashmir
- Shahabuddin bail case: SC seeks RJD leader's reply, next hearing on Monday
- Uri attack: Will Sangh’s hardline stance influence India’s response?
- Uri terror attack: ‘Will avenge death of our soldiers... at a time of our choosing’
- Uri attack: Weapons recovered had Pakistan marking, initial probe indicates JeM role, says Army
A minor student of Don Bosco school at Yerwada was molested allegedly by its vice-principal, who was arrested on Tuesday after public outrage and protests outside the educational institution.
Vice-principal Iju Francis Falkau, 54, had called the 14-year-old girl, in his office on January 2 around 1 pm when he allegedly molested her, police said.
Based on a complaint, a case was booked against the accused yesterday under sections 354 (assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty) and 511 of the IPC and subsequently he was arrested today, they said.
- Pakistan wages its proxy war against India with impunity
- The proposed surrogacy bill addresses major ethical concerns
- Muslim personal law has little Constitutional basis, so it cannot be challenged in law courts
- Zakir Naik’s appeal comes from mimicking the secular, modern world
- Prachanda’s pragmatic approach to bilateral relations is a good beginning
- Across the aisle: Why not try alternative approach?