Victim at Muzaffarnagar relief camp allegedly raped by two youths
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
Tension prevailed in the area after the victim, whose family was displaced from their home at Fugana village, was raped yesterday by two accused - identified as Sachin and Sunil Kumar.
The duo have been arrested after a complaint was lodged in the matter by the victim's father.
Villagers had caught and thrashed the two accused before handing them over to police.
The victim, aged 20 years, was living along with her family at a relief camp in Jogya Kheri, police said.
She was sent for a medical examination, which has confirmed rape, police added.
The duo accosted the victim when she had stepped out of the camp and raped her. They also threatened to kill her in case she mentioned the incident to anybody.