Victim at Muzaffarnagar relief camp allegedly raped by two youths
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Ashutosh accuses Kapil Sibal of bribing voters; Modi to file nomination from Vadodara today
- Its image dented, and spread too thin, Aam Aadmi Party struggles in Delhi
- Poll panel stares down Mamata
- Amit Shah CD doctored, BJP writes to poll panel
- LS polls: Amid tight security, voting underway in four NE states
Tension prevailed in the area after the victim, whose family was displaced from their home at Fugana village, was raped yesterday by two accused - identified as Sachin and Sunil Kumar.
The duo have been arrested after a complaint was lodged in the matter by the victim's father.
Villagers had caught and thrashed the two accused before handing them over to police.
The victim, aged 20 years, was living along with her family at a relief camp in Jogya Kheri, police said.
She was sent for a medical examination, which has confirmed rape, police added.
The duo accosted the victim when she had stepped out of the camp and raped her. They also threatened to kill her in case she mentioned the incident to anybody.
- Poojary banking on ‘sympathy’ for Dakshina Kannada seat
- Solution to water woes key factor in Chikkaballapur
- Eying 85 pc turnout, election dept offers many sops
- Last day, last show: Parties flex muscles, try to connect with one & all
- From societies to slums, Adhalrao-Patil on the move
- Two and a half lakh Christians in city are confused over electing the ‘right’ candidate