Victim of hit-and-run dies, son critical
- IPL spot-fixing: Delhi court drops charges against S Sreesanth and two other cricketers
- Nitish Kumar gets back at Modi, accuses him for 'not honouring promises'
- Major decisions on revision of role of women in armed forces on the anvil: Manohar Parrikar
- Congress, TMC and BJD to seek total withdrawal of NDA's land bill
- Never sought travel documents for Lalit Modi, says Sushma Swaraj
The 45-year-old , who was hit by a car on Saturday, died at Government Medical College and Hospital (GMCH), Sector 32, on Sunday. Parvati was returning home, from the market, with her son Vipin when the accident took place.
Vipin (13) was referred to Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) on Sunday. Doctors said he is in a coma-like condition but has shown slight improvement from Saturday.
Parvati, however, died of a cardiac arrest. "Doctors had declared Parvati stable and were to discharge her today. It was surprising for us to learn that she died," the investigating officer of the case said.
The family is yet to claim her body as her elder son is yet to reach the city from their native village in UP.
The accident took place when the duo were returning from a nearby market. They were hit by a car with an out-station registration number, which fled the scene. The impact was so intense that the car's number plate broke into pieces and police are now using the broken pieces to identify the offending vehicle.