Video of jail fight in Pune goes viral on Facebook
- LIVE: Lok Sabha passes Telangana Bill, Jagan calls for bandh across Andhra Pradesh
- Your ministers used to throw dust, now they're using pepper spray to fool people: Modi to Cong
- Rajiv Gandhi's killers get relief, Supreme Court commutes death penalty to life
- Seven Naxals killed in police encounter in Gadchiroli
- Interim Budget 2014: Economy headache for next government
The Kapurthala Modern jail has been rocked by an incident in which an inmate, who was shifted to Nabha jail four days back, uploaded a video showing him beating another jail inmate. He uploaded this on his Facebook page using his personal smart phone. The page has already clocked 16,000 likes.
The same inmate had also beaten Jail warden Kehar Singh and an FIR was also lodged in the same case on October 9.
The accused Sukhvir Singh alias Sukha Kahlwan —lodged here on charges of killing BJP leader Sudershan Dhillon and over a dozen others — reportedly thrashed a prisoner of another gang to settle an enmity.
Sukhvir, an alleged sharp shooter, created his Facebook page on October 1 and was updating it regularly from the jail premises by using his smart phone.
The uploaded video of the beating, which took place inside the jail premises in September, is full of abusive language, said jail sources.
When contacted Kapurthala Deputy Superintendent of Police Balwinder Singh, said he was not aware of the incident.
Following the incident, the working of the jail will also be under the scanner for not detecting how Sukhvir kept the phone with him in jail.
- Few takers for UT scholarships, students claim not enough info
- Interim budget focuses on transport but misses out on Metro Rail for UT
- GPP to become history, will merge with BJP next week in Modi’s presence
- PMC to clean up city by today
- Corporators include projects worth Rs 500 crore in draft PMC budget
- Ukraine burns again, at least 9 killed