Video of jail fight in Pune goes viral on Facebook
- PM Narendra Modi in Mongolia for second leg of three-nation tour
- Shakuntala Gamlin takes charge as Delhi Chief Secretary defying CM Kejriwal's request
- Egypt's ousted president Mohammed Morsi sentenced to death
- Airtel secures USD 2.5 billion Chinese financing deals
- KEM hospital nurse, Aruna Shanbaug continues to be in critical condition
The Kapurthala Modern jail has been rocked by an incident in which an inmate, who was shifted to Nabha jail four days back, uploaded a video showing him beating another jail inmate. He uploaded this on his Facebook page using his personal smart phone. The page has already clocked 16,000 likes.
The same inmate had also beaten Jail warden Kehar Singh and an FIR was also lodged in the same case on October 9.
The accused Sukhvir Singh alias Sukha Kahlwan —lodged here on charges of killing BJP leader Sudershan Dhillon and over a dozen others — reportedly thrashed a prisoner of another gang to settle an enmity.
Sukhvir, an alleged sharp shooter, created his Facebook page on October 1 and was updating it regularly from the jail premises by using his smart phone.
The uploaded video of the beating, which took place inside the jail premises in September, is full of abusive language, said jail sources.
When contacted Kapurthala Deputy Superintendent of Police Balwinder Singh, said he was not aware of the incident.
Following the incident, the working of the jail will also be under the scanner for not detecting how Sukhvir kept the phone with him in jail.