Vietnam firm wants to invest in Bengal
A car manufacturing company of Vietnam has expressed its willingness to invest Rs 10,000 crore by setting up a battery-driven small motor car manufacturing industry in West Bengal in collaboration with a Bengal-based private firm.
DC Moudang, a top executive of Vietnam-based Oto dien Vietnam company on Saturday met Finance Minister Amit Mitra and said that the company wants 300 acres of land to set up the small car manufacturing unit in Bengal. State Urban Development Minister Firad Hakim, who is one of the spokespersons of the state government, said the company will collaborate with a Bengal-based manufacturing company. Meanwhile, Mitra will meet Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram at Delhi on February 5 to brief him on the status of West Bengal's economy and financial matters.
- Whistleblower alleged kickbacks, favours in ‘thin client’ procurement; NDA never completed inquiry
- Pune AAP volunteers all set to hit campaign trail in Varanasi
- ‘Interstate’ gang of chain snatchers held; gold worth Rs 80 lakh seized
- CBI, Army vigilance wing carry out daylong search at NDA
- Balancing Act
- Ahir kin rivalry dominates poll landscape