Vigilance officers raid LIT office
- Babri Masjid demolition case: SC issues notices to Advani, other BJP leaders over conspiracy charges
- Seven years ago, everyone saw Delhi’s air take a deadly U-turn but no one did a thing
- LIVE: 16 dead as floods ravage parts of Jammu and Kashmir
- Take this, Congress: NDA plans a memorial for Narasimha Rao
- Punjab panel books Muslims, Christians with ‘fake’ SC papers
Officals from the Chief Vigilance Office of Local Bodies in Chandigarh raided the premises of Ludhiana Improvement Trust on Thursday.
The raid was conducted after a city resident, Surjit Singh from Model Town area, filed a complaint against LIT superintendent Rajkumar for "misusing his powers and signing some wrong documents". The complaint was sent to Local Bodies Minister Chunni Lal Bhagat.
Rajkumar was given the additional charge of Executive Officer by Municipal Commissioner R K Verma as the post had been lying vacant for quite some time.
The complainant alleged that Rajkumar misused his position of EO and signed some controversial documents.
The vigilance officers recovered some files related to plot allotment and took away documents for further investigation.
Chief Vigilance Officer V P Singh said the investigation was on and nothing could be revealed till it was complete.
3-day rice pro-tech expo gets underway
Sahnewal: Tarsem Saini, president of the Federation of All Indian Rice Millers' Association, on Friday asked the Punjab rice millers to adopt the latest milling technology to improve their rice quantity and quality. He was speaking after inaugurating a three-day-long international trade fair "Rice Pro-Tech Expo" at Jifco Resorts, Sahnewal, about 10 km from Ludhiana.