Vijay Mallya's United Breweries sells 3.21% stake to Heineken UK
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
Vijay Mallya-led United Breweries today said Heineken UK Ltd has acquired 3.21 per cent stake in the company.
United Breweries allotted over 84.89 lakh shares, representing 3.21 per cent, to Heineken UK Ltd -- a shareholder of Scottish & Newcastle India Pvt Ltd (SNIPL), according to regulatory filing to the BSE.
The acquisition is pursuant to amalgamation of Scottish & Newcastle India with United Breweries, whereby SNIPL would cease to exist.
As per the scheme of amalgamation which came into effect from April 18, SNIPL ceased to hold 3.21 per cent in United Breweries.
Specific financial details were not disclosed.
These shares were allotted on May 13 and based on that day's closing price of Rs 748.10 per share, the 3.21 per cent stake would be worth about Rs 635 crore.
Heineken UK is part of global liquor maker Heineken.
Shares of United Breweries jumped 3.62 per cent to Rs 768 in late afternoon trading on BSE.