Vijay Pratap Singh is laid to rest
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
Besides family members and friends, people from different walks of life turned up to pay their last respects to Vijay Pratap Singh, The Indian Express senior reporter who succumbed to injuries received in a bomb attack outside a state minister's home in Allahabad.
His elder brother, Anil Kumar Singh, lit the funeral pyre at Rasoolabad Ghat, on the banks of the Ganga, here on Thursday.
Vijay, who would have turned 39 on July 30, is survived by his wife Shashi, five-year-old son Yash, and 10-month-old daughter Adya. Injured in a bomb blast outside Uttar Pradesh Minister Nand Gopal Nandi's house in Allahabad on July 12, Vijay died at the Army's Research and Referral Hospital in New Delhi on Tuesday.
His body was brought home on Thursday morning. Among those who turned up for the funeral were Higher Education Minister Rakesh Dhar Tripathi, BSP's Phulpur MP Kapil Muni Karwariya, former MP Dharamraj and MLAs Puja Pal and Pravin Patel.
Senior officials including Allahabad Commissioner P V Jagmohan, IG (Allahabad range) S K Singh, DM (Allahabad) Sanjay Prasad and DIG (Allahabad) Braj Bhushan were also present.