Vijay Pratap Singh is laid to rest
- 2008 Malegaon blast case: Bombay HC grants bail to Sadhvi Pragya
- Worst in Chhattisgarh in seven years: 25 CRPF men killed by Maoists in Sukma
- Govt said no but SC firm, sends back names for Allahabad HC
- PFA’s Haryana chief says he trained Delhi suspects, had worked under Maneka Gandhi
- Jaish-e-Muhammad launches jihad fundraising drive in Pakistan
Besides family members and friends, people from different walks of life turned up to pay their last respects to Vijay Pratap Singh, The Indian Express senior reporter who succumbed to injuries received in a bomb attack outside a state minister's home in Allahabad.
His elder brother, Anil Kumar Singh, lit the funeral pyre at Rasoolabad Ghat, on the banks of the Ganga, here on Thursday.
Vijay, who would have turned 39 on July 30, is survived by his wife Shashi, five-year-old son Yash, and 10-month-old daughter Adya. Injured in a bomb blast outside Uttar Pradesh Minister Nand Gopal Nandi's house in Allahabad on July 12, Vijay died at the Army's Research and Referral Hospital in New Delhi on Tuesday.
His body was brought home on Thursday morning. Among those who turned up for the funeral were Higher Education Minister Rakesh Dhar Tripathi, BSP's Phulpur MP Kapil Muni Karwariya, former MP Dharamraj and MLAs Puja Pal and Pravin Patel.
- India’s political & security establishment needs strategy in light of China’s naval expansion
- Extremism comes in all shades. Justice Shah should critique each one
- Modi’s rise to power saw mushrooming of RSS & affiliates like ABVP
- The political project of Hindutva is incompatible with a liberal polity
- Three decades of mistrust
- From plate to plough: The faraway fields