Vijender to wear greasepaint for desi Rocky
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
Beijing Games bronze medallist and top pugilist Vijender Singh is set to make his Bollywood debut. Vijender plays a champion boxer in the movie titled Patiala Express, which is produced by Percept Limited. Shooting for the film will begin early next year.
Vijender is currently training for the Commonwealth Games at the National Institute of Sports here.Talking to The Indian Express, Vijender Singh said he was focused on bagging a medal for India in the Commonwealth Games before preparing to become a reel hero. "I will start thinking of the movie only after the Commonwealth Games. After the Games, I will enroll for acting classes. Boxing remains my priority now," he added.
Either of Bipasha Basu or Priyanka Chopra could be roped in to play the leading lady's role. "It is for producers to decide but the names of these two actresses are doing the rounds," Vijender said. Meanwhile, chief national boxing coach GS Sandhu said that the film will do wonders for boxing in India. "Youngsters will be inspired to get into boxing after seeing Vijender act in the movie," Sandhu said.