Vijender to wear greasepaint for desi Rocky
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
Beijing Games bronze medallist and top pugilist Vijender Singh is set to make his Bollywood debut. Vijender plays a champion boxer in the movie titled Patiala Express, which is produced by Percept Limited. Shooting for the film will begin early next year.
Vijender is currently training for the Commonwealth Games at the National Institute of Sports here.Talking to The Indian Express, Vijender Singh said he was focused on bagging a medal for India in the Commonwealth Games before preparing to become a reel hero. "I will start thinking of the movie only after the Commonwealth Games. After the Games, I will enroll for acting classes. Boxing remains my priority now," he added.
Either of Bipasha Basu or Priyanka Chopra could be roped in to play the leading lady's role. "It is for producers to decide but the names of these two actresses are doing the rounds," Vijender said. Meanwhile, chief national boxing coach GS Sandhu said that the film will do wonders for boxing in India. "Youngsters will be inspired to get into boxing after seeing Vijender act in the movie," Sandhu said.