Villagers remember Delhi gangrape victim
- Malaysia Airlines plane may have turned back before vanishing, says Air force chief
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress
- Varanasi seat row: RSS worried but believes BJP will solve it
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Venkaiah Naidu
A pall of gloom descended on Delhi gangrape victim's native Mandwara Kalan village in the district today as soon as the news of her death poured in.
Village head Shiv Mandir Singh said that a condolence meeting was held to pray for the peace of the departed soul.
He also said there was resentment among the locals over the incident with people demanding stern punishment for the accused.
Villagers want such a stern punishment should be given to the accused that it would instill fear in the hearts of such culprits, Singh said.
A relative of the victim said her family would continue to strive till the time capital punishment was given to the accused.
The girl, who was gang-raped and brutally assaulted by six men in a moving bus in south Delhi, died in a Singapore hospital early this morning after battling for life for the past 13 days.
Since the news of the incident came, locals had been praying day and night in the local temple for the early recovery of the girl.