Vinay Kumar replaces injured Balaji in India T20 squad
- A person killing people with Quran in his hand is not Muslim, but a terrorist: Aamir Khan at #RNGAwards
- Dubai shuts down part of metro's green line over large fire
- Oceans, cyberworld should not become new theatres of contests: PM Modi
- Financial transactions motive behind Sheena's murder, CBI tells court
- J&K: Army jawan, three terrorists killed in separate encounters
Pacer L Balaji was today replaced by R Vinay Kumar in the Indian Twenty20 squad for the two matches against England after picking up a foot injury.
"L Balaji has suffered a stress injury to his right big toe, and has been ruled out of the Airtel T20 International series against England, as a result," BCCI Secretary Sanjay
Jagdale said in a statement.
"The All-India Senior Selection Committee has picked R Vinay Kumar as his replacement in the Indian team," he added.
Balaji was performing decently in the ongoing Ranji Trophy competition, picking up 11 wickets in four matches for Tamil Nadu.
Vinay is also in good form, having taken 17 wickets for Karnataka in four Ranji Trophy matches this season.
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy
- The needs of the time shape the character of the myth- Tipu Sultan
- Raja-Mandala: Japan’s counter to China’s silk road
- It started with Perumal
- Open channels of communication are vital for democracy and governance