Vinay Kumar replaces injured Balaji in India T20 squad
- Solar scam case: Kerala court orders FIR against CM Oommen Chandy
- Supreme Court recalls order appointing former judge Virendra Singh as UP Lokayukta
- Arunachal Governor cited ‘cow slaughter’ protest as one sign of law & order collapse in state
- BJP leader held for alleged cow slaughter in Madhya Pradesh, gets expelled from party
- Indian-American Muslims flay Government move against AMU, Jamia
Pacer L Balaji was today replaced by R Vinay Kumar in the Indian Twenty20 squad for the two matches against England after picking up a foot injury.
"L Balaji has suffered a stress injury to his right big toe, and has been ruled out of the Airtel T20 International series against England, as a result," BCCI Secretary Sanjay
Jagdale said in a statement.
"The All-India Senior Selection Committee has picked R Vinay Kumar as his replacement in the Indian team," he added.
Balaji was performing decently in the ongoing Ranji Trophy competition, picking up 11 wickets in four matches for Tamil Nadu.
Vinay is also in good form, having taken 17 wickets for Karnataka in four Ranji Trophy matches this season.
- Dalit scholar’s death exposed inability of casteist Hindu to be modern
- Annotated edition of Hitler's Mein Kemph
- Why yuan matters Indian equity markets
- R-day and the saccharine sweet patriotism
- It is clear PM’s concept of nationhood extends beyond constitutional parameters
- The sensitive and old controversy about the minority character of AMU