Vinay Kumar replaces injured Balaji in India T20 squad
- Rahul on leave before budget session, BJP says people have already sent Cong on long leave
- 21 more deaths due to swine flu, toll reaches 833
- Anna protests against Land Acquisition Bill in Delhi, lashes out at Modi govt
- Budget: Finance Minister may announce policy plans to combat blackmoney
- Land Acquisition Act "suitably refined": President Pranab Mukherjee
Pacer L Balaji was today replaced by R Vinay Kumar in the Indian Twenty20 squad for the two matches against England after picking up a foot injury.
"L Balaji has suffered a stress injury to his right big toe, and has been ruled out of the Airtel T20 International series against England, as a result," BCCI Secretary Sanjay
Jagdale said in a statement.
"The All-India Senior Selection Committee has picked R Vinay Kumar as his replacement in the Indian team," he added.
Balaji was performing decently in the ongoing Ranji Trophy competition, picking up 11 wickets in four matches for Tamil Nadu.
Vinay is also in good form, having taken 17 wickets for Karnataka in four Ranji Trophy matches this season.
The India-England Twenty20 matches are scheduled to be held on December 20 and 22 in Pune and Mumbai respectively.