- Salman Khan retracts tweets on Yakub Memon after protests; says 'never said he is innocent'
- Muslim League says SC has no right to interfere in matters of faith
- President urged to grant Yakub Memon reprieve from execution
- PM to launch cashless treatment scheme for accident victims
- Anna extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
The Osian's inaugural Osianama auction, which will take place on February 9 at the Imperial Hotel, will bring to the Capital a unique combination of antiquities, vintage film publicity memorabilia and modern and contemporary fine arts. A rare six sheet poster ó probably the only existing one ó of Amitabh Bachchan and Shashi Kapoor in Do Aur Do Paanch (1980) ; a poster of the Shammi Kapoor starrer Raat Ke Rahi designed by 1960's renowned poster designer Pradyuman, the man behind the BR Films logo; and a complete set of sitar maestro Pandit Ravi Shankar's original LP records with his compositions for films such as Pather Panchali, Anuradha, and Godaan, are among the vintage memorabilia which will go under the hammer next week.
The highlight of the film publicity memorabilia are pre-Independence stills ó photographic stills from the first and last talking film Gangavataran by Dadasaheb Phalke in 1937 and a signed 1930 portrait of the silent-era actor Sulochana, who became popular with films like Madhuri and Anarkali. These are part of Hindi cinema's silent era memorabilia in black and white from the Zafar Aabid Collection.