- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
The Osian's inaugural Osianama auction, which will take place on February 9 at the Imperial Hotel, will bring to the Capital a unique combination of antiquities, vintage film publicity memorabilia and modern and contemporary fine arts. A rare six sheet poster ó probably the only existing one ó of Amitabh Bachchan and Shashi Kapoor in Do Aur Do Paanch (1980) ; a poster of the Shammi Kapoor starrer Raat Ke Rahi designed by 1960's renowned poster designer Pradyuman, the man behind the BR Films logo; and a complete set of sitar maestro Pandit Ravi Shankar's original LP records with his compositions for films such as Pather Panchali, Anuradha, and Godaan, are among the vintage memorabilia which will go under the hammer next week.
The highlight of the film publicity memorabilia are pre-Independence stills ó photographic stills from the first and last talking film Gangavataran by Dadasaheb Phalke in 1937 and a signed 1930 portrait of the silent-era actor Sulochana, who became popular with films like Madhuri and Anarkali. These are part of Hindi cinema's silent era memorabilia in black and white from the Zafar Aabid Collection.
Neville Tuli, chairman of Osian's Group, says, "The highlights include original first release photographic prints of famous scenes and actors such as Ashok Kumar in Kismet (1943), which was the greatest blockbuster until Sholay (1975) released; an array of portraits of famous villains of the 1950s and 1960s from Pran and Jeevan to KN Singh and the famous Johnnie Walker and Amitabh Bachchan pre-death scene in Anand (1971). This auction is another important step in Osian's 10-year journey towards making our audience love and respect their cinematic and cultural heritage."
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress