- Missing Naval officers on board INS Sindhuratna confirmed dead
- Admiral DK Joshi was disturbed, requested me to accept resignation: AK Antony
- Narendra Modi beats Rahul Gandhi in popularity, says US think tank
- Lok Sabha polls: For Paswan & son, Gujarat 2002 is history for 2014
- Rahul Gandhi slams Salman Khurshid over 'impotent' remark against Narendra Modi
The Osian's inaugural Osianama auction, which will take place on February 9 at the Imperial Hotel, will bring to the Capital a unique combination of antiquities, vintage film publicity memorabilia and modern and contemporary fine arts. A rare six sheet poster ó probably the only existing one ó of Amitabh Bachchan and Shashi Kapoor in Do Aur Do Paanch (1980) ; a poster of the Shammi Kapoor starrer Raat Ke Rahi designed by 1960's renowned poster designer Pradyuman, the man behind the BR Films logo; and a complete set of sitar maestro Pandit Ravi Shankar's original LP records with his compositions for films such as Pather Panchali, Anuradha, and Godaan, are among the vintage memorabilia which will go under the hammer next week.
The highlight of the film publicity memorabilia are pre-Independence stills ó photographic stills from the first and last talking film Gangavataran by Dadasaheb Phalke in 1937 and a signed 1930 portrait of the silent-era actor Sulochana, who became popular with films like Madhuri and Anarkali. These are part of Hindi cinema's silent era memorabilia in black and white from the Zafar Aabid Collection.
- Fancy numbers: RTO in PCMC earns Rs 8 crore
- Alarm in Ukraine as Putin orders surprise army drills on border
- Arrests made but two sensational murders still unsolved
- Infosys ex-CFO not to contest polls for AAP
- Monsoon, not Manmohan, led to agri growth: Yashwant
- Now, BJP workers to donate blood equal to Modi’s weight