Violin maestro M S Gopalakrishnan dies
- Not RSSâ job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits for BJP: Mohan Bhagwat
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Renowned violin exponent M S Gopalakrishnan, hailed for his deep knowledge of both Carnatic and Hindustani music, died here Thursday following a brief illness.
The 82-year-old maestro was admitted to a private hospital here on Wednesday after he complained of breathlessness.
"Padmabhushan M S Gopalakrishnan breathed his last today at 2.30 am in a private hospital," his daughter M Narmadha said.
An artiste remembered for his immense knowledge of either forms of classical music, Gopalakrishnan had a career spanning 75 years. He was counted among the 'violin trinity' of his time — the other two being Lalgudi G Jayaraman and T N Krishnan.
A recipient of various awards including the Padma Bhushan and the Padma Shri, he was an artiste with an open mind for new ideas.
Gopalakrishnan is survived by his wife, two daughters and a son.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress