Vir Das turns singer for Go Goa Gone
- Pakistan court declares 26/11 accused Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi's detention void
- Chairs broken, MLAs faint in Kerala Assembly as Finance Minister KM Mani presents budget
- ‘Love jihad’ gets a Bengal reply: Bahu lao, Beti bachao, ‘purify’ Muslim brides
- Kolkata Park Street rape victim dies
- LIVE: PM Modi arrives in Sri Lanka; assures visa on arrival for Lankan nationals
Renowned stand-up comedian Vir Das is all set to don another feather in his cap, this time as a musician.
The talented actor and his band Alien Chutney has composed a track for Raj Nidimoru and Krishna DK's Go Goa Gone.
Vir, who is the lead vocalist of the band, will be performing a rock song along with Saif Ali Khan and Kunal Khemu in the movie.
Confirming Vir's musical contribution, the director duo said that Vir and his band are indeed singing a song for the film and that his band which is also known as India's first 'comedy rock band', will be composing hilarious songs for the film. The songs will be groovy and at the same time witty.
The filmmakers say that during shoot, the comedian would entertain the crew with his musical performances.
It was during one of these impromptu shindigs when Raj decided that Vir should compose a track for the film.
Raj and DK also added that they would be using this as a promotional song and would make a funky video to compliment it.