Virat Kohli admires entertainer Chris Gayle
- A person killing people with Quran in his hand is not Muslim, but a terrorist: Aamir Khan at #RNGAwards
- Dubai shuts down part of metro's green line over large fire
- Oceans, cyberworld should not become new theatres of contests: PM Modi
- Financial transactions motive behind Sheena's murder, CBI tells court
- J&K: Army jawan, three terrorists killed in separate encounters
Himself a livewire of the Indian cricket team on and off the field, young Indian batsman Virat Kohli said that he admires West Indian swashbuckler Chris Gayle for the entertainment he provides on a cricket field.
While shooting for an ad film for Pepsi with the tagline, 'Yeh T20 hai boss.. na tameez se khela jaata hai na tameez se dekha jaata hai', Kohli said Gayle brings fans to the cricket field with his antics.
Kohli says in a release that Gayle is one of the most exciting and 'na tameez' cricketers on-field along with him and playing with the West Indian brings out the craziness in him.
He admires Chris Gayle for his unique dance styles, the signature lightning pose, the celebrations and the calypso dance after the wickets fall as it brings a smile to every cricketer on-field and also the fans watching the match.
Kohli said he also loves to play pranks with his team-mates at the dressing room as it helps team bonding.
Asked about his favourite 'na tameez' moments off-field, Kohli spoke about the pranks he plays inside the dressing room, claiming that it keeps the atmosphere relaxed, the T20 cricket spirit alive and helps the team to bond.
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy
- The needs of the time shape the character of the myth- Tipu Sultan
- Raja-Mandala: Japan’s counter to China’s silk road
- It started with Perumal
- Open channels of communication are vital for democracy and governance