Virat Kohli admires entertainer Chris Gayle
- 7th Pay Commission: Union Cabinet approves pay panel recommendations
- Monsoon session of Parliament to commence on July 18
- Istanbul attack: Suicide bombers create mayhem at Ataturk airport, 36 killed
- Supreme Court refuses to examine fresh plea on section 377, refers matter to CJI
- Suspected 'ISIS terror module' busted by NIA in Hyderabad, 13 detained
Himself a livewire of the Indian cricket team on and off the field, young Indian batsman Virat Kohli said that he admires West Indian swashbuckler Chris Gayle for the entertainment he provides on a cricket field.
While shooting for an ad film for Pepsi with the tagline, 'Yeh T20 hai boss.. na tameez se khela jaata hai na tameez se dekha jaata hai', Kohli said Gayle brings fans to the cricket field with his antics.
Kohli says in a release that Gayle is one of the most exciting and 'na tameez' cricketers on-field along with him and playing with the West Indian brings out the craziness in him.
He admires Chris Gayle for his unique dance styles, the signature lightning pose, the celebrations and the calypso dance after the wickets fall as it brings a smile to every cricketer on-field and also the fans watching the match.
Kohli said he also loves to play pranks with his team-mates at the dressing room as it helps team bonding.
Asked about his favourite 'na tameez' moments off-field, Kohli spoke about the pranks he plays inside the dressing room, claiming that it keeps the atmosphere relaxed, the T20 cricket spirit alive and helps the team to bond.
- To attract best human capital PSUs need to be independent holding company
- The Good Leader: Roots of the personality cult are long and deep
- New Delhi cannot continue to behave as it did from 2004 to 2014
- From kidnapping to communal riots, there is a common link that drives criminals
- Telescope: Two interviews
- India’s NSG bid shows machismo more than maturity