Virat Kohli tips 'young gun' Joe Root to become future England star
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
Indian batsman Virat Kohli believes Joe Root is going to have a bright future with the England team after getting impressed by the Yorkshire batsman's temperament during their ongoing series.
Kohli was fulsome in his praise for the 22-year-old, who is expected to be named in England's touring Test team to New Zealand, the Daily Mirror reports. Kohli said Root is a pretty impressive batsman and he has got good temperament from what they have all observed.
Kohli added that of what he has seen of him batting in Nagpur in his first game and in the ongoing one-day internationals as well, Root seems to be a guy who has the temperament to absorb the pressure and work it out get through that situation.
The Indian star batsman added Root got a bright future ahead of him because he has got good temperament, which really counts in the international game.
Kohli added a batsman's game is not about technique or the foot movement you have, 70 per cent of the game is about temperament, which Root has got it in him. Kohli also wished Root best of luck for his career.
Meanwhile, Root is set to get first crack at becoming an Ashes cricketer thanks to his incredible winter. The first Test squad of the biggest Ashes year in history will be announced on Thursday, and Root is expected to take his place in the 15-man tour party who will travel to New Zealand for three Test matches.