Virat Kohli to bat for Border Security Force, CRPF wants Gautam Gambhir
- Pakistan ready to host India for three Tests, five ODIs, two T20I in UAE this December: PCB chief
- Centre, States need to work as Team India, says PM Modi in Bengal
- Opposition targets Arvind Kejriwal over circular on 'defamatory news'
- Delhi road rage: DTC driver beaten to death, no one comes to rescue
- Mahatma Gandhi's great-grandson booked for 'offensive' remark against Bhagat Singh
The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and Border Security Force (BSF) — two of India's largest central forces — are looking at cricketers Gautam Gambhir and Virat Kohli to lift the morale of their men and encourage youngsters to join them.
The BSF formally made Kohli its brand ambassador, presenting him the BSF cap and blazer at a function on Sunday.
The CRPF's proposal to rope in Gambhir is awaiting MHA approval. A senior CRPF officer said the idea to rope in Gambhir followed a visit he and his Kolkata Knight Riders teammates made to a Chhattisgarh CRPF camp in May. "By roping in Gambhir we want to encourage young men from Maoist-affected areas to come forward and join the force," the officer said.