Virat Kohli to bat for Border Security Force, CRPF wants Gautam Gambhir
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and Border Security Force (BSF) — two of India's largest central forces — are looking at cricketers Gautam Gambhir and Virat Kohli to lift the morale of their men and encourage youngsters to join them.
The BSF formally made Kohli its brand ambassador, presenting him the BSF cap and blazer at a function on Sunday.
The CRPF's proposal to rope in Gambhir is awaiting MHA approval. A senior CRPF officer said the idea to rope in Gambhir followed a visit he and his Kolkata Knight Riders teammates made to a Chhattisgarh CRPF camp in May. "By roping in Gambhir we want to encourage young men from Maoist-affected areas to come forward and join the force," the officer said.