Virat Kohli top ranked Indian in ICC T20 list
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
At fifth, Virat Kohli is the highest placed Indian in the ICC rankings for Twenty20 batsmen, while India have managed to retain their third position in the team rankings issued today.
With 730 points in his kitty, Virat Kohli has equalled his highest rating points.
Apart from Virat Kohli, the other Indian batsman to feature in the top-10 list for Twenty20 batsmen is Suresh Raina, who is placed ninth with 718 points.
Other Indians in the top-20 list includes Yuvraj Singh (13) and opener Gautam Gambhir at the 17 position.
Australia's Shane Watson leads the T20 batting chart with 798 points, followed by destructive West Indian opener Chris Gayle (792), Kiwi Brendon McCullum (787) and Sri Lanka's Mahela Jayawardene (759).
Among T20 teams, India, despite losing one rating point have maintained their third position with 119 points while leaders Sri Lanka stand firm at the top with 127 points, followed by reigning T20 World champions West Indies at 122 points.
Meanwhile, off-spinner Ravichandran Ashiwin, ranked 16, is the only Indian to have found out a place in the top-20 bowlers list.
Pakistan's Saeed Ajmal leads the bowlers' table with 756 points followed by Ajantha Mendis of Sri Lanka (746) and England's Graeme Swann (720).