Virbhadra Singh acquitted in CD case by court ahead of swearing-in
The prosecution filed the case in the court of special judge in October 2010.
Rubbishing the allegations, Singh had said that the case was "totally fabricated" by the then BJP government in the state which is "after my blood".
"This is a concocted, totally fabricated case. The CD is not authenticated. They have not compared my voice. I don't care for my office at all. I don't want to embarrass my party and my Prime Minister," he had told reporters in Shimla after the charges were framed against him.
The CD pertaining to the case against Singh was also played in the court during the hearing.
During the trial two key witnesses -- Kapil Mohan of Mohan Meakin Breweries and P C Jain, Vice President of Ambuja Cements Ltd, had retracted from the statement recorded by the police saying that they did not give any such statement.
- Autorickshaws in Bangalore to get GPS makeover
- SIT may ask SC to lift stay on Gulberg massacre judgment
- An identity at last as 71 transgenders get Aadhaar cards
- Maruti Bhapkar is AAP candidate at Maval
- Mohali institute gets a shot in the arm as 22 students set to join NDA
- Sule to contest from Baramati, Mohite-Patil from Pawar’s Madha