Virender Sehwag completes ton of Test appearances
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
Opener Virender Sehwag today became the ninth Indian cricketer to complete a century of Test appearances when he took the field here in the second match of the ongoing series against England.
The 34-year-old amassed 8,448 runs at an average of 50.89 and a staggering strike rate of 82.45 before the Test that started today.
The swashbuckling batsman has 23 hundreds under his belt over the last 12 years, including four double and two triple centuries with a highest of 319 against South Africa at Chennai in March 2008.
Apart from Sehwag, India's 100-Test club includes Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, VVS Laxman, Anil Kumble, Kapil Dev, Sunil Gavaskar, Dilip Vengsarkar and Sourav Ganguly.