Virender Sehwag completes ton of Test appearances
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Opener Virender Sehwag today became the ninth Indian cricketer to complete a century of Test appearances when he took the field here in the second match of the ongoing series against England.
The 34-year-old amassed 8,448 runs at an average of 50.89 and a staggering strike rate of 82.45 before the Test that started today.
The swashbuckling batsman has 23 hundreds under his belt over the last 12 years, including four double and two triple centuries with a highest of 319 against South Africa at Chennai in March 2008.
Apart from Sehwag, India's 100-Test club includes Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, VVS Laxman, Anil Kumble, Kapil Dev, Sunil Gavaskar, Dilip Vengsarkar and Sourav Ganguly.