Virender Sehwag completes ton of Test appearances
- Elections LIVE: BJP fields Advani from Gandhinagar despite resistance, Modi to contest from Vadodara too
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: India recieves fresh search request from Malaysian authorities
- Sino-Indian war report: Govt advocated caution, Army dictated policy that was militarily unsound
- No intention to invade other regions, much less other nations: Putin
- BJP pits V K Singh against Ilmi, Babbar in Rajnathâs Ghaziabad
Opener Virender Sehwag today became the ninth Indian cricketer to complete a century of Test appearances when he took the field here in the second match of the ongoing series against England.
The 34-year-old amassed 8,448 runs at an average of 50.89 and a staggering strike rate of 82.45 before the Test that started today.
The swashbuckling batsman has 23 hundreds under his belt over the last 12 years, including four double and two triple centuries with a highest of 319 against South Africa at Chennai in March 2008.
Apart from Sehwag, India's 100-Test club includes Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, VVS Laxman, Anil Kumble, Kapil Dev, Sunil Gavaskar, Dilip Vengsarkar and Sourav Ganguly.
- Panel asks cops to probe if board staff was involved in SSC exam paper leak
- Girl who lost hands in mishap may get hi-tech prosthetic limbs
- ‘ISI’s Pasha knew where Osama hid, Lashkar’s Saeed was in touch with him’
- Reserve Bank allows more banks to import gold
- Govt ban on construction near Arthur Rd jail to hit SRA projects
- Six file nominations, pace yet to pick up