Virender Sehwag hits 44 as Delhi earn 3 points
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Virender Sehwag again came cropper in his desperate bid to cross 50-run mark as Delhi managed three points by virtue of their first innings lead against Odisha in a group A Ranji Trophy encounter.
Sehwag, who had raced to 32 off 31 balls could only manage 44 off 81 balls as he was cleaned bowled by medium pacer Basant Mohanty (1/42).
Delhi scored 231 for six before declaring and setting an impossible target of 285. Odisha in the 14 overs of formality managed 37 runs.
For Delhi Vaibhav Rawal (51, 101 balls, 5x4) and wicketkeeper Rahul Yadav (50 not out, 122 balls, 6x4) made half centuries.
Sehwag, who looked in fluent touch yesterday evening was at his scratchy best he scord only 12 runs in the 50 balls that he faced today. Sehwag now has only 113 runs from eight innings with the highest being 44 in the second innings in the match that concluded today.
With these three points, Delhi are now on 12 points from five games and will have to atleast win a couple of outright games to qualify for the knock-out stages.
Odisha on the otherhand now have 10 points from five games.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express