Virender Sehwag in Tihar to cheer up inmate cricket players
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Plea to vote for âsecular partyâ splits Bollywood
- âWe gave instant justice, todayâs youth canât stand up for their mothersâ
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Biggest phase of voting kicks off across 121 seats in 12 states
It was a cricket match with a difference - two teams on the pitch at Tihar Jail and cricketer Virender Sehwag cheering them up.
Part of the 'Tihar Olympic', the cricket match between Jail one team and Jail two team, was as nail-biting as a regular ODI.
Both the teams hit 168 runs drawing the match but Sehwag, the chief guest, decided that the team which hit the maximum number of sixes and fours should be declared the winner.
With the jury's decision, Jail 2 was declared the winner and went away with the trophy. Today was the final match of the series part of the Tihar Olympic event.
Shikhar Dhawan, who has been selected for the India- Australia test series, was also present along with Sehwag.
Appreciating the spirit of prisoners, Sehwag said, "I never expected this kind of enthusiasm and spirit. I am really impressed with their sporting spirit and I felt very good spending time with you people."
The cricketers spent over two hours with the prisoners.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18