Virender Sehwag in Tihar to cheer up inmate cricket players
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Mulayam Singh files nomination from Azamgarh; Third FIR against Giriraj Singh
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL spot fixing: Do you want to probe charges against Srinivasan? SC asks Justice Mudgal panel
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs SRH: SRH field first, Pathan comes in for Ishant
It was a cricket match with a difference - two teams on the pitch at Tihar Jail and cricketer Virender Sehwag cheering them up.
Part of the 'Tihar Olympic', the cricket match between Jail one team and Jail two team, was as nail-biting as a regular ODI.
Both the teams hit 168 runs drawing the match but Sehwag, the chief guest, decided that the team which hit the maximum number of sixes and fours should be declared the winner.
With the jury's decision, Jail 2 was declared the winner and went away with the trophy. Today was the final match of the series part of the Tihar Olympic event.
Shikhar Dhawan, who has been selected for the India- Australia test series, was also present along with Sehwag.
Appreciating the spirit of prisoners, Sehwag said, "I never expected this kind of enthusiasm and spirit. I am really impressed with their sporting spirit and I felt very good spending time with you people."
The cricketers spent over two hours with the prisoners.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready