Virender Sehwag in Tihar to cheer up inmate cricket players
- Patna High Court stays Nitish Kumar's election as JD(U) legislature party chief
- Arvind Kejriwal gets down to business, calls for full statehood for Delhi
- President Pranab Mukherjee warns against deviation from constitutional principles
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: SIT to quiz Shashi Tharoor tomorrow
- Shanti Bhushan accuses Arvind Kejriwal of accepting 'tainted' money
It was a cricket match with a difference - two teams on the pitch at Tihar Jail and cricketer Virender Sehwag cheering them up.
Part of the 'Tihar Olympic', the cricket match between Jail one team and Jail two team, was as nail-biting as a regular ODI.
Both the teams hit 168 runs drawing the match but Sehwag, the chief guest, decided that the team which hit the maximum number of sixes and fours should be declared the winner.
With the jury's decision, Jail 2 was declared the winner and went away with the trophy. Today was the final match of the series part of the Tihar Olympic event.
Shikhar Dhawan, who has been selected for the India- Australia test series, was also present along with Sehwag.
Appreciating the spirit of prisoners, Sehwag said, "I never expected this kind of enthusiasm and spirit. I am really impressed with their sporting spirit and I felt very good spending time with you people."
The cricketers spent over two hours with the prisoners.