Vishal Bhardwaj teams up with Gulzar for song on land grab
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Director Vishal Bhardwaj and lyricist Gulzar have teamed up once again for "Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola", targeting the land acquisition issue this time through the song 'Lootnewale'.
The duo have previously worked together in films like "7 Khoon Maaf", "Ishqiya", "Kaminey" and "Omkara", composing hits like 'Beedi jalaile', 'Dil to bachcha hain ji' and 'Dhan te nan'.
This time around Bhardwaj and Gulzar have addressed the plight of farmers through the song in the upcoming film which is set in the rustic surroundings of a village in Haryana.
The song goes, "Paani paani kuwa sambhal... Dol dol, dol dol..., paani paani kuwa sambhal... Jiska maati uska maal. Jiski kheti uski zameen hai, re babaji ki dhons nahi hai. Jiska ganna uske gander, hat lootnewale Hat hat lootnewale."
(Water water save your well. The land belongs to the owner. The farmland belongs to the farmer. It is not yours to take. Get away robbers.)
"Hum beej na denge, hum byaaj na denge, Re kal ka karza aaj na denge, ho teri loha laathi nahi chalegi. Teri ek lihaathi nahi chalegi, teri loha laathi nahi chalegi. Teri ek lihaathi nahi chalegi, ab chale hathoda."
(We will neither give seeds nor taxes. We will not pay yesterday's debt. Your strength will not undermine us).
"Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola" is an upcoming comedy which stars Imran Khan, Anushka Sharma and Pankaj Kapoor playing the title roles while Arya Babbar and Shabana Azmi play supporting roles.
The film is slated for a world-wide release on January 11.
- I will protest against Arvind Kejriwal if he indulges in wrongdoing: AnnaÂ Hazare
- Amit Shah not named in supplementary chargesheet filed by CBI in Ishrat Jahan fake encounterÂ case
- Narendra Modiâ€™s Kolkata rally â€˜okayâ€™, crowd only 50,000 : VarunÂ Gandhi
- Stop personal attacks, Rahul tells spokespersons | The Indian Express