Vishwaroopam: Malaysia lifts ban
- Disquiet in BJP as M M Joshi, Sushma raise questions
- Nilekani, Kaif in Congressâs first list for 194 seats
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Naidu
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Kejriwal joins list of VIPs with âZâ category security
Malaysian authorities Tuesday lifted the ban on the controversial Tamil movie Vishwaroopam.
Malaysian Film Censorship Board had initially approved the movie — directed and produced by Kamal Haasan — for public screening and it hit the local theatres on January 24. However, the approval was withdrawn the next day, in accordance with a directive from the Home Ministry following concerns from the public that the film portrays Islam in a negative light.