Visitors throng 'Matoshree' to see ailing Bal Thackeray
- Nitish Kumar's JD(U) recognised as principal opposition party in Bihar, BJP protests
- SC extends Setalvad's interim bail and asks her lawyer Kapil Sibal not to 'act smart'
- Aero India Show: Stunt planes collide in mid-air, pilots safe
- Swine flu deaths soar to 663, number of cases cross 10,000
- Maratha Mandir brings down curtains on Shah Rukh Khan's DDLJ
Film, business and political personalities on Thursday made a beeline to 'Matoshree' to inquire about the health of Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray, who has been critical since last night.
Apart from megastar Amitabh Bachchan, who visited the Thackerays last night, actor Salman Khan with father Salim and brother Arbaaz called on the family this afternoon.
Actor-filmmaker Mahesh Manjrekar, Madhur Bhandarkar, Nana Patekar, industrialists Rahul Bajaj and Venugopal Dhoot, BJP president Nitin Gadkari, Leader of Opposition in Legislative Council Vinod Tawde were prominent among those who visited the Thackerays.
Also, thousands of Shiv Sainiks and well-wishers continued to assemble outside Thackeray's residence in suburban Bandra since yesterday after news spread about his failing health.
Earlier this morning, NCP president and Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar reached Matoshree to inquire about the Sena partriarch's condition.