Visually impaired girl tops MP board exams
- Delhi: Multi-vehicle pileup on NH-1 leaves at least five dead
- Siachen avalanche: Air pocket under 35 ft of snow kept Lance Naik Hanumanthappa alive
- Facts dispute claims by banks: write-off gallops, recovery crawls
- Upset allies Akali Dal and Shiv Sena let BJP know: Keep us in loop
- David Headley deposition adjourned for the day following technical glitch
Beating all odds, a visually impaired girl, Shrishti Tiwari, from Damoh town has topped the Madhya Pradesh Higher Secondary examination in Arts stream.
The results were declared two days back by the Madhya Pradesh Board of Secondary Education. For Shrishti, a student of JBP Government Higher Secondary School in Damoh, the achievement is special not only academically but also because of the fact that she is visually impaired since birth. She scored 481 out of 500 marks to emerge as the topper in Arts stream.