Vivek Oberoi left meat because of Kareena Kapoor
- N-Korea says rocket launch a success, Kwangmyong 4 placed into orbit
- Kerala solar scam: Saritha Nair, the woman at the centre of the scandal
- Beef license for foreigners? Haryana govt may soon issue special permits
- As US lifts sanctions, Iran wants India to pay oil dues in euros
- Mumbai set to get India’s first international arbitration centre
Bollywood actor Vivek Oberoi, who recently turned vegetarian has been hailed as "the real hero for all animals" by the animal welfare organisation PETA.
After learning that Oberoi has gone the veggie way members of the animal rights group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) India sent a gift to the actor thanking him for his kind choice.
"By going vegetarian, Vivek Oberoi has proved that he is a real hero for all animals", PETA's Campaign Coordinator Nikunj Sharma said in a statement.
"Kicking the meat habit is the best thing that anyone can do for animals, their own health and the Earth," Sharma added.
Oberoi reportedly left eating meat after being persuaded by his 'Kurbaan' co-star Kareena Kapoor who is a strict vegan.
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress
- Strategies anchored in incubators fail to foster entrepreneurship
- Existing regime of film censorship is unconstitutional
- Section 377: A right to love
- PM Oli has been lucky, but his political survival looks uncertain
- Across the aisle- MGNREGA: Making a meal of words