Vivek Oberoi left meat because of Kareena Kapoor
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
Bollywood actor Vivek Oberoi, who recently turned vegetarian has been hailed as "the real hero for all animals" by the animal welfare organisation PETA.
After learning that Oberoi has gone the veggie way members of the animal rights group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) India sent a gift to the actor thanking him for his kind choice.
"By going vegetarian, Vivek Oberoi has proved that he is a real hero for all animals", PETA's Campaign Coordinator Nikunj Sharma said in a statement.
"Kicking the meat habit is the best thing that anyone can do for animals, their own health and the Earth," Sharma added.
Oberoi reportedly left eating meat after being persuaded by his 'Kurbaan' co-star Kareena Kapoor who is a strict vegan.
Another Bollywood heartthrob, who prefers vegetables over meat, is Shahid Kapoor.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress