Vivek Oberoi left meat because of Kareena Kapoor
- Live: Hurriyat hardliner Masarat Alam's release rocks Parliament, Cong seeks PM's statement
- Dimapur lynching: On social media, first ‘rape’, then ‘Bangladesh man’
- Seconds before being stabbed, Indian techie called husband to say she was being followed
- Land acquisition debate: ‘They gave us a window, then went back to 1894’
- Beef ban may spell doom for Dharavi leather trade
Bollywood actor Vivek Oberoi, who recently turned vegetarian has been hailed as "the real hero for all animals" by the animal welfare organisation PETA.
After learning that Oberoi has gone the veggie way members of the animal rights group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) India sent a gift to the actor thanking him for his kind choice.
"By going vegetarian, Vivek Oberoi has proved that he is a real hero for all animals", PETA's Campaign Coordinator Nikunj Sharma said in a statement.
"Kicking the meat habit is the best thing that anyone can do for animals, their own health and the Earth," Sharma added.
Oberoi reportedly left eating meat after being persuaded by his 'Kurbaan' co-star Kareena Kapoor who is a strict vegan.
Another Bollywood heartthrob, who prefers vegetables over meat, is Shahid Kapoor.