Vivek Oberoi left meat because of Kareena Kapoor
- Bengal unit of Congress in a fix after it tweets out controversial Rajiv quote
- Thank You, PV Sindhu
- Those who consider India their country should treat cow as mother: Jharkhand CM
- India should be a lot bolder in meeting military needs of Afghanistan: Hamid Karzai
- Army seizes weapons after encounter on Myanmar border
Bollywood actor Vivek Oberoi, who recently turned vegetarian has been hailed as "the real hero for all animals" by the animal welfare organisation PETA.
After learning that Oberoi has gone the veggie way members of the animal rights group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) India sent a gift to the actor thanking him for his kind choice.
"By going vegetarian, Vivek Oberoi has proved that he is a real hero for all animals", PETA's Campaign Coordinator Nikunj Sharma said in a statement.
"Kicking the meat habit is the best thing that anyone can do for animals, their own health and the Earth," Sharma added.
Oberoi reportedly left eating meat after being persuaded by his 'Kurbaan' co-star Kareena Kapoor who is a strict vegan.
- There are systemic flaws and vulnerabilities. But India is on the right path
- Wrestlers lose face, and perhaps an Olympic medal, and NADA its credibility
- In the I-Day speeches of PMs of India & Pak, blame-games that paper over hard realities
- Swarajya to su-rajya
- Instead of waiting for talent to appear, we must create a national sports culture
- We need to think creatively about the proposed defence university