Vivek Oberoi left meat because of Kareena Kapoor
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
Bollywood actor Vivek Oberoi, who recently turned vegetarian has been hailed as "the real hero for all animals" by the animal welfare organisation PETA.
After learning that Oberoi has gone the veggie way members of the animal rights group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) India sent a gift to the actor thanking him for his kind choice.
"By going vegetarian, Vivek Oberoi has proved that he is a real hero for all animals", PETA's Campaign Coordinator Nikunj Sharma said in a statement.
"Kicking the meat habit is the best thing that anyone can do for animals, their own health and the Earth," Sharma added.
Oberoi reportedly left eating meat after being persuaded by his 'Kurbaan' co-star Kareena Kapoor who is a strict vegan.
Another Bollywood heartthrob, who prefers vegetables over meat, is Shahid Kapoor.